Friends' Co-operative Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Friends' Co-operative Forum

House issues, debates, discussions, along with Maintenance lists, membershipping info and upcoming house events.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Forum RPG Groundrules

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Forum RPG Groundrules Empty Forum RPG Groundrules Wed Oct 13, 2010 6:38 pm

Josh

Friend
Friend

So we are going to have a forum RPG. Feel free to join at any time and do the little dungeons we've created. I want it to be pretty free flowing but here's some general outlines and rules in order to keep us all on the same page. And try to do what you think is fair, if you do something that a lot of people see as cheap, we'll vote, two-thirds vote of all active members makes whatever action you took not fair, and you have to try again. (so if you create a spell that costs one mana and gives 100 dmg we'll just vote to remove that action)

Attributes for each Class are
Strength (str)( 1+Damage (dmg) for melee Classes, 1 hp per stat point)
Dexterity (dex) ( 1+ Dmg for ranged Classes, Armor 1 per 5 dex)
Intelligence (int)( 1+ mana per point., and 1 additional multiple for each 15 points of intelligence in the xp algorithm
Vitality (vit) 3 Hp per point and 1 Armor per 2 points (round down)

NEW CHARACTERS:
Each Character starts with a base of 20 HP and 10 Mana. The Name is your own, but noone else may have the same basic stats with different attributes at the start.

When you create a character you receive 20 stats to apply as you wish. Each time you gain a level (100 xp points) you gain 5 additional stat points.

CLASS:
The proletariat has been engrosses in a class struggle with the bourgeoisie since (haha jk)

When you create a new character you get to have one word as a title such as Warrior or Rogue, each ten levels you get to add another word to your class. Such as Warrior Mage or Black Rogue. And furthermore you get the 5+ stats for your level plus 20+ for your new class. Happy Day!

ATTACKS:
You get one attack per turn (each day) + 1 more attack per turn for each 10 levels. Or if you defeat a dungeon, and the dungeon master grants you an item with that stat.

Each time you attack you roll a dice, If you get a 1-2 you miss and the creature hits. 3-4 you both hit. 5-6 only you hit.

If you don't have a dice, and until we get it operating on here just follow this link.
http://www.random.org/integers/?num=1&min=1&max=6&col=1&base=10&format=html&rnd=new

ARMOR:
For each put of Armor minus one damage from the damage an enemy would do to you.

HITPOINTS:
Each damage takes one hitpoint.

Each day you heal 10% of your TOTAL health.

SPELLS and Mana:
You can cast as many spells as you have mana. Spells do not miss. No rolling needed.

Two types of spells White (Buff or Healing) and Black (Damage or Curses)
Make up spells for mana amounts not yet described. Keep in mind more mana should give better attributes. Their can only be one spell for each mana cost and for each type.

For example. Two basic spells that cost 3 Mana are
Spark: 10 Dmg.
And Minor Heal: Heals 5 Hp

Each day you regenerate 10% of your mana.

MONSTERS and BOSSES:
Monsters and Bosses are made up by the dungeon creators, or can be borrowed from previous dungeons.

Monsters have damage roughly equal to five time there level, armor roughly equal to one fifth their lvl, and hp roughly equal to 10 times their lvl. Each time you kill a monster you get experience.

Ex: Lvl one Rat has 10 dmg, no armor and 15 hp. While lvl one Turtle has only 5 dmg but 2 armor and 20 hp (because the above was only a GUIDE)

Bosses are special monsters with damage roughly 10 times their lvl, armor roughly one fourth their level, and hp roughly 30 times their lvl. Bosses give double the experience (algorithm * 2) and drop an item that the Dungeon creator decides.

XP:
When you kill a creature you use the following algorithm. Level of the Creature (X) times five minus your own level (L) , times five plus 1 for each 15 points of INT. or

((X*5)-L)(5*INT Bonus)

You only ever lose experience if you die, at which point 100 experience is taken (one level). So don't attack when you are weak, just heal

ITEMS and CHEST:
There is four item types and four spaces in your Chest.

Items Drop from killing bosses, or are given on certain holidays or for those who create a lot of dungeons.

The items Types are Weapon, Armor, Off Hand (unless you are ambidextrous, then just Other hand) and Trinket.

One additional item is the Tome. The tome can give additional experience, Heal mana or HP, or even give an additional attribute point.

SO look this shit over, and tell me what you think should be changed or added. I'm going to go kill a Giant rat.

Last edited by Josh on Thu Oct 21, 2010 1:28 pm; edited 5 times in total

2Forum RPG Groundrules Empty Re: Forum RPG Groundrules Fri Oct 15, 2010 12:33 pm

Caleb

Friend
Friend

holy shit you are amazing.

how did you have time to do all this????

And oh, do the dices work now or do we have to make that up or roll a real die?

Again, amazing.

3Forum RPG Groundrules Empty Re: Forum RPG Groundrules Fri Oct 15, 2010 12:44 pm

Caleb

Friend
Friend

oh also, are you the dungeon master then, since you started this one? Do you provide the bulk of the storyline and the creatures we encounter, or do we each make up every creature?

4Forum RPG Groundrules Empty Re: Forum RPG Groundrules Fri Oct 15, 2010 3:48 pm

Josh

Friend
Friend

there is a link to the dice in the ground rules. I have no idea how to make the dice work.

I figure each person who creates a dungeon (like i created that shitty forest one) kinda insinuates more or less clearly what kinda of monsters will be encountered. In mine it have the rats obviously and they boss will be a Goblin Shaman (i haven't really decided what he or she'll be like.). Each person can enter and level up in fighting the rat i fought the first time or by creating slight variation like robust rat (more health or something) or armored rat (a little armor) or fury filled rat (extra attack) while keeping in mind the general (not strict!!!!) rules for what each level creep should have. and you can encounter a lvl two rat while i only have seen a lvl one, but don't go like lvl 50 rat and get yourself mauled you know.

for the boss however, you have to wait till the creator of the dungeon (in the forest case me) decides that the boss emerges. Then everyone who is in the forest fights the same boss and together they kill it, both gaining full exp and getting the item that drops

5Forum RPG Groundrules Empty Re: Forum RPG Groundrules Sat Oct 16, 2010 12:06 pm

Will

Friend
Friend

I just want to see if I can roll dice

6Forum RPG Groundrules Empty Re: Forum RPG Groundrules Sat Oct 16, 2010 12:06 pm

Josh

Friend
Friend

The member 'Will' has done the following action : Dice Rolls

'Attack Dice' : 1

7Forum RPG Groundrules Empty Re: Forum RPG Groundrules Thu Oct 21, 2010 4:14 pm

Caleb

Friend
Friend

Josh, is the rule about casting spells like this?

You don't roll dice. It always hits.
It doesn't correspond to Damage stat, just whatever you make up?
Can you cast Black or White after a normal attack, or just White? As in, you attack for 20 dmg and then cast black spell for 10 more? can we do that or is that too much attack for one turn?

Anything else about casting? It would be fun to make this more complex as casters get higher levels (ie me Smile

8Forum RPG Groundrules Empty Re: Forum RPG Groundrules Thu Oct 21, 2010 10:55 pm

Josh

Friend
Friend

i think i talked to you about the first part. And YOU should make it more complex its your game too! try some active mana things that take mana over time or charge up spells or something haha

9Forum RPG Groundrules Empty Re: Forum RPG Groundrules Fri Oct 22, 2010 10:24 am

Caleb

Friend
Friend

now all i can think about is dragonball z. did you guys ever watch that show? there would be entire episodes where all Goku would be doing was charging up this massive attack spell...30 minutes of yelling, sweating, and trying to make the little ball of blue energy between his hands grow larger. dbz, how i miss you.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum